A new century calls for a new curriculum.
Educurious™ is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to creating the high school curriculum that American students need now for success in college, careers and life. We are reinventing the traditional engagement model to be meaningful and compelling to 21st century learners, putting into practice what we know really works based on deep and wide research. The Educurious curriculum is built on new materials, connections and delivery systems that capture students’ interest and imagination and equip them for success in the real world. We are pleased to be funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and to work in conjunction with the University of Washington College of Education and the Institute for Math and Science Education (funded by the National Science Foundation).
Educurious begins with the student in mind to create a new generation of learning experiences that:
- Break down the barriers between the classroom and the real world.
- Increase students’ self-confidence as they solve real problems and see the results of their work.
- Expand students’ career possibilities by connecting them to renowned Experts from a wide range of careers and professions through The Educurious Expert Network (TEEN)™.
- Equip students with the communication and technology skills they need to succeed in a global economy.
- Shift the role of learners from passive consumers of information to active collaborators, problem solvers and contributors to curriculum.
- Incorporate the technologies teens use every day outside the classroom to improve their work in the classroom through our blended learning model.
- Reposition teachers as guides and facilitators with materials, tools and support to transform their classrooms into learning communities.